Explore LB 2021
LBCC to hold virtual open house, Thursday, April 15, 4 p.m. to 6:30 p.m.
College is possible and now is the time to apply — that is the message of Linn-Benton Community College's upcoming virtual event, "EXPLORE LB", slated for Thursday, April 15, from 4 p.m. to 6:30 p.m., at www.linnbenton.edu/explore.
A virtual online open-house, the event is an opportunity for prospective students and families to explore more than 80 degree programs at LBCC, interact with faculty and staff in real time, as well as get step-by-step help in applying to college with scholarship and financial aid support. Everyone who attends the event will be offered a free tuition credit if they choose to attend this coming fall term.
"We are so excited to welcome all those who are interested in going to college to attend this special event," said Jennifer Boehmer, executive director of Institutional Advancement. "The pandemic has forced many people to rethink their plans, but at LBCC we are prepared to help people reach their goals nevertheless with excellent education and training that leads to solid careers and bright futures. This event will show people how college is possible."
EXPLORE LB will include a number of workshops and opportunities:
- Learn about how to apply to LBCC and get help making a plan.
- Get career coaching to choose your path.
- Experience real classroom lecture examples.
- Get an overview of LBCC's seven core meta-majors and 80+ programs.
- Learn how to finish your bachelor's degree even faster and for far less cost by dual-enrolling in OSU, WOU or OIT at the same time you are attending LBCC.
- Get straightforward help in accessing scholarships, financial aid, and other accommodations.
- Learn about the LB experience including student clubs, co-curriculars and ways to make the most of college!
While registration is not required, all those who sign up for email or text reminders at www.linnbenton.edu/explore will be entered into a prize drawing and will have access to the recorded content following the event.