Linn-Benton Community College to Host Farm Bill Listening Session
Linn-Benton Community College is hosting five members of the U.S. House of Representatives to solicit feedback from the local agricultural community about the Farm Act revision on Friday, June 2 at 10:30am in the Forum. The Farm Act is currently being revised for the first time in over ten years. This free event is open to the public and will be live-streamed.
“LBCC is a leading community college in agriculture education and I am proud that we were chosen to host this event,” said LBCC President Lisa Avery. “Thanks to Rep. Chavez-DeRemer's efforts to bring this event to the Mid-Valley, elected officials from around the country will have an opportunity to experience our region’s agricultural diversity and economic influence.”
The officials who will be in attendance include:
- Chairman Glen Thompson, U.S. representative for Pennsylvania's 15th congressional district
- Doug LaMalfa, U.S. representative for California's 1st congressional district since
- Lori Chavez DeRemer, U.S. representative for Oregon's 5th congressional district
- David Valadao, U.S. representative for California's 22nd congressional district
- Andrea Salinas, U.S. representative for Oregon's 6th congressional district
LBCC continues to expand its support of agricultural education. With funding from a G.O. Bond that was passed in 2022, LB is growing its agriculture footprint to include a multi-species livestock facility in Tangent and a Veterinary Technology partnership with Oregon State University.