Linn-Benton Community College Board of Education Vacancy Zone 6-7B
The Linn-Benton Community College Board of Education has declared a vacancy on the Board and is seeking interested parties wishing to be considered to fill that vacancy for the remainder of its term, through June 30, 2023.
This is one of two Zone 6/7 positions on the LBCC Board of Education, representing Corvallis and some of the surrounding areas. Applicants must live within this zone to be considered.
Applicants must be able to commit to upholding and abiding by the LBCC Policies as they pertain to the Board, especially the LBCC Board of Education Code of Conduct. These policies and Code of Conduct can be found here.
Candidate applications are due by 12:00 pm on Monday, January 9, 2023.
Please email your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidate applications will be reviewed by the Board of Education Executive Committee
on January 11, 2023. They will then be forwarded to all members of the Board of Education
for consideration at the January 18, 2023 regular board meeting. The Board plans on
selecting a candidate to fill the vacancy at that
If it is determined that the Board would like to interview candidates, these interviews will take place at the January 18 meeting. The meeting will be held at the LBCC Albany Campus in the Boardroom.
Candidate applications must include responses to the following:
- Personal Information, including Name, Address, Phone, and Email
- A brief description of your reasons for wanting to serve on the LBCC Board of Education
- A brief description of your professional work and education history
- A brief description of your current and/or previous community involvements and voluntary service,
- especially in an educational and/or budgetary capacity
- A brief description of how you might be able to further the LBCC Board’s commitment to equity
- A brief description of how you, as an LBCC Board of Education member, would demonstrate your commitment to LBCC’s Mission, Values, and three Strategic Goals.