Here’s the process for students who wish to have their transcripts from another institution evaluated by LBCC.

  1. Request to have an official transcript sent from your former institution(s) to:

    LBCC Admissions & Records Office
    6500 Pacific Blvd SW
    Albany, OR 97321
    Email them to

  2. You will receive an e-mail from LBCC letting you know that we have received your transcript and the institution it was sent from.

  3. Fill out the online form linked to in the email. Completion of this form is required to have your transcript evaluated.

  4. Watch for an email confirmation that your transcript evaluation has been completed. This email will contain instructions on how to see the results in your WebRunner account. 


What credit does LBCC accept?

  • Regionally accredited U.S. institutions of higher education: Coursework must be 100-level or above, however developmental level coursework that can be directly correlated with an equivalent developmental LBCC course can be transferable. Coursework must be graded with the range of A-D (or numeric equivalent), or with a Satisfactory/Pass designation, where that grade is defined by the issuing institution as equating to a letter grade of C or better. LBCC uses Oregon State University’s transfer credit equivalency tables as a guide to equivalencies General education courses that do not have direct equivalences to LBCC courses may be eligible for transfer and potential use as electives. In some cases, courses will be designated with subject codes of LDT, 1XX or 2XX. Major-specific courses that do not equate to specific LBCC courses will be granted Lower Division Transfer Credit; courses that do not equate to Career/Technical courses in an AAS degree or certificate will be granted Career/Technical credits at LBCC. Credit not applied to degree and/or certificate requirements is posted as block transfer on LBCC transcripts.
  • U.S. Military (Joint Service Transcripts, DD-214): LBCC’s Admissions Office will apply ACE guidelines when determining college credit transferability from U.S military transcripts and service documents.
  • Credit for Prior Learning: Credit awarded for prior learning, which includes Advanced Placement (AP), International Baccalaureate (IB), College Level Examination Program (CLEP), Credit by Challenge Exam, Credit for Military Training, Credit for Professional Licensure, and Credit for LBCC Training, will be posted on a student’s LBCC academic transcript in the manner outlined in AR 4020-01.
  • Coursework from Nationally Accredited Institutions: Upon request, coursework from Nationally Accredited Institutions may be reviewed for LBCC equivalency.
  • College-level transfer credit from foreign institutions of higher education recognized by the Ministry or Department of Education of that country listed in The AACRAO Electronic Database for Global Education (EDGE): Official transcripts and course descriptions must be submitted to LBCC’s Admissions Office. Official transcripts and course descriptions must be in English. Non-English transcripts and course descriptions must be translated into English by a college-approved certified translator or evaluated by an NACES service provider. English Composition will not be accepted in transfer unless taken at an accredited U.S. college or university or an accredited English-speaking university. 


What will LBCC accept in transfer credit from my previous school?

For an unofficial evaluation, visit our Transfer Equivalencies Website. This should be used as a guide and could not be official until your transcript is evaluated by LBCC staff. If your previous school or coursework is not listed, it does not mean it will not transfer, it just hasn't been evaluated previously.