Safety & Emergency Readiness
Inclement Weather Protocols
Emergency Closure Notification Service for Students, Parents, and Staff
Students & Staff: Receive text and/or voicemail alerts to your phone! Provide your cell phone number in your Web Runner account:
- Log into Web Runner
- Select Personal Information
- Select Address, Phone, Text, and Email
- Click on “Update” or “Add” under Texting Number and add your cell phone number.
- Select “Emergency and College Related” to get both emergency notifications and important college-related text alerts. Select “Emergency Only” to get only emergency notifications.
- Click Submit.
See the map below for safest campus pedestrian routes.
Procedures In The Event Of Inclement Weather
- Be Prepared for bad weather.
- On days when the weather presents significant safety risks, the public safety officer on duty will call the Facilities Director by 5:00am. The Facilities Director or VP of Finance & Operations will contact local school district officials between 5:00am and 5:30am to ascertain the plans of the various school districts.
- Before 6:00am, the Facilities Director will call the President of LBCC to discuss the weather risks and the plans of local school districts. The President or their designee will make their decision regarding the college’s operational status and that decision will be communicated by the Facilities Director to the College Public Information Officer (PIO) or their designee not later than 6:00am. If the decision is to close the college, or delay its opening, the President will immediately notify the college Vice Presidents to start the employee notification process. The PIO will initiate the media alert process to advise media outlets of the college’s decision and post information on the college website. In addition, the ReGroup mass notification system will be initialized.
- A decision to close the college, or delay its opening, shall affect all college facilities in the college district.
- Individual center directors (Benton Centers, Lebanon Centers, Sweet Home Center) may make independent decisions to close early or cancel evening classes for inclement weather that arrives after the start of the school day. Center closure decisions should be made in conjunction with the VP of Academic Affairs and communicated to the PIO. Center staff shall make every practical effort to notify instructors and students of cancelled evening classes.
- If the college has been closed and special activities are in progress, or have been scheduled, the decision to cancel them shall rest with the coordinating manager of the activity. The appropriate vice president should be consulted on these decisions; the ultimate decision should be immediately communicated to the PIO so that media outlets can be notified.
- Managers must develop and maintain a current notification list for their area of responsibility. The tree should, at a minimum, ensure contact with every contracted employee. Managers should communicate their expectations about the notification process with their employees and also advise employees that emergency information will be available on the college website, through the main switchboard (541-917-4999), and the following media outlets:
VENUE STATION TITLE - AM FREQUENCY/ FM FREQUENCY
KLOO 1340/ 106.3
EUGENE TELEVISION STATIONS:
KEZI CHANNEL 9
KMTR CHANNEL 16
KVAL CHANNEL 13
SWEET HOME & EUGENE
Priority, Safest Pedestrian Routes During Stormy or Inclement Weather