LBCC's mandatory indoor mask requirements will remain until the end of winter term: March 18.
As part of a strategic alignment with Washington and California, Gov. Kate Brown announced yesterday that Oregon's statewide mask mandate will expire at midnight on March 11. However, LBCC will continue to require masking until the end of winter term, as we have previously committed to both students and staff in our Winter 2022 Education Plan.
Updated LBCC Mask Requirements:
- LBCC will lift our mandatory indoor mask requirements at the close of business on March 18.
- LBCC leadership encourages people to continue wearing masks even after our mandatory requirement is lifted. The safest way we can ensure a learning environment free from illness is by continuing to take precautions. Please support those who choose to continue masking.
- N95 masks are available to all students and employees at LBCC. If you would like an LBCC-provided N95 mask, please fill out this form. Disposable masks will continue to be available at most LBCC building entrances.
Updated LBCC Physical Distancing Requirements:
- LBCC's meeting requirements will remain in place at least through the end of the academic year (June 10). Any meeting that involves three or more people should still be held via Zoom, and any optional indoor special event will continue to be capped at ten people.
- Outdoor event restrictions will begin lifting in spring term. LBCC will allow a limited number of larger outdoor events; however, organizers will still need to obtain prior approval through Vice President Sheldon Flom.
We look forward to seeing you in the spring.