- Board Policies and Administrative Rules
- 1000 Series - The College
- 2000 Series - The Board of Education
- 3000 Series - Board and President Relationship
- 4000 Series - Academic Affairs
- 5000 Series - Finance and Operations
- 6000 Series - Human Resources
- 7000 Series - Student Services
- 8000 Series - College Advancement
ADMINISTRATIVE RULE NO: 8025-06
RELATED TO POLICY SERIES NO: 8025
TITLE: GUIDELINES FOR POSTING MATERIALS ON LBCC CAMPUS
- There are bulletin boards available around the main campus for general usage. The Student Life and Leadership Office have maps of designated general usage bulletin boards available for posting. Materials shall not be posted anywhere except on these bulletin boards (e.g., doors, windows, walls, brick surfaces, college signs, etc.). Materials that are not placed on designated bulletin boards will be removed and discarded.
Notice of "college closures to the public" (holidays, inclement weather, etc.) will be posted on college entrances by the College Advancement Office. During Associated Student Government elections spring term, campaign posters will be permitted on exterior brick walls using masking tape (duct tape, electrical tape, etc., are not allowed for posting).
Permission of specific departments is necessary before posting anything on their designated bulletin boards.
Notices and posters must be approved, stamped, and dated by a member of the Student Life and Leadership Office staff (first floor, Student Union).
Approved/stamped materials can be posted for a maximum of 30 days from the date stamped, or until completion of the event, whichever comes first.
Notices must be typed or printed on 3" x 5" or 5" x 7" cards, or 8 1/2" x 11" flyers appropriate to the size of the message and bulletin board space.
Posters for bulletin boards should not exceed 27" x 32".
Cards can be filled out in the Student Life and Leadership Office for housing and book exchange advertisements.
Notices and posters must be of good quality; ripped, torn edges, or misspelled works do not constitute "good quality."
All off-campus student employment notices will be posted through the Career Center in Takena Hall.
No duplicate materials will be allowed on the same bulletin board.
No material will be posted that violates college policy, state or federal law, or EEO/Affirmative Action guidelines.
No libelous or obscene material will be posted.
All unstamped or nonconforming materials will be removed immediately and discarded.
The Student Life and Leadership Office are responsible for removing materials after completion of the event or after 30 days, whichever comes first. However, other college members (e.g., security officers, custodial staff, student governance officers) will also be involved in the effort.
- The Student Life and Leadership Office reserves the right to refuse further posting of material if a person or group has not complied with these guidelines.
Sandwich boards with notices attached do not need approval. It is the responsibility of the department that sets out the sandwich boards to remove them as soon as possible following completion of the event. Departments utilizing sandwich boards to market their events should place them where they will not become a safety hazard for students, staff, and other foot traffic.
Various other types of notices for official LBCC business do not need approval through the Student Life and Leadership Office. These include room changes, workshop cancellations, meeting time changes, office hours, temporary service signs (e.g., spring term registration dates), and the like.
DATE OF ADOPTION: 08/13/84
DATE(S) OF REVISION(S): 04/30/96, 06/20/00, 12/15/09
DATE OF LAST REVIEW: 12/15/09, 05/07/15