ADMINISTRATIVE RULE NO: 8025-04
RELATED TO POLICY SERIES NO: 8025
TITLE: COLLEGE WEB SITE
To describe the guiding vision of the college’s website.
LBCC has a comprehensive web identity in order to maintain a high-quality, consistent
image of the college. Website standards ensure the presentation of this image, consistency,
ease of navigation, and adherence to college and federal guidelines.
Recruitment/Marketing and Institutional Effectiveness work with users to plan, post, and maintain LBCC webpages while Information Services is responsible for server-side technical support and maintenance.
LBCC adheres to a set of principles in development of its public website. They are:
- Action Orientation: After providing a site visitor with content, our pages offer a next step to make or an action to take.
- Engagement: We include content so visitors see how they belong at LBCC in photos, videos, text, and through the graphic identity of the site.
- Purpose: While this may vary by audience or site section, all areas should have an articulated purpose, and content and messaging in pursuit of this purpose should be suitably structured to be delivered on the website.
- Assessment: Data and analytics will be collected to assess success of the site, design effective pathways to content, and (when needed) trim content that is not used from the site.
- Accessibility: Universal design principles are applied to maximize the number of people with diverse ranges of hearing, movement, sight, and cognitive ability who can learn and take action on the information. We are also committed to a website that is designed following W3C, Level AA web design and application standards.
DATE OF ADOPTION: 02/15/05; 05/07/15
DATE(S) OF REVISION(S): 05/07/15; 1/3/19; 02/02/23
DATE OF LAST REVIEW: 12/15/09; 1/3/19; 02/02/23