- Board Policies and Administrative Rules
- 1000 Series - The College
- 2000 Series - The Board of Education
- 3000 Series - Board and President Relationship
- 4000 Series - Academic Affairs
- 5000 Series - Finance and Operations
- 6000 Series - Human Resources
- 7000 Series - Student Services
- 8000 Series - College Advancement
ADMINISTRATIVE RULE NO: 8020-01
RELATED TO POLICY SERIES NO: 8020
TITLE: HONORARY DEGREES AND AWARDS
To describe the criteria and process for bestowing honorary degrees and awards from Linn-Benton Community College.
The following guidelines will be used to process nominations for the awarding of Linn- Benton Community College honorary degrees.
- Any individual may nominate a person to receive an LBCC honorary degree.
- The names of nominees with background information will be forwarded to the college president who will maintain a file of nominees
- In general, honorary degrees will be awarded during commencement in June.
DISTINGUISHED CITIZEN AWARD
Once a person is nominated to the president for the Distinguished Citizen Award and fulfills the selection criteria, the president will make recommendations to the board for consideration at the Board of Education meeting. Deadline for nominations will be set each year by College Advancement. A brief summary of achievements of the nominees will be included. When a nominee receives a two-thirds majority vote of the board, he/she will be presented with the Distinguished Citizen Award.
DISTINGUISHED ALUMNI AWARD
The Advancement Office will take the lead in soliciting nominations from the college and general communities for Distinguished Alumni candidates. A brief summary of achievements of the nominees will be included. Winners will be recommended by the Executive Director of Advancement to the College President, who will make the final decision on recommendation to the Board of Education for consideration. When a nominee receives a two-thirds majority vote of the board, he/she will be presented with the Distinguished Alumni Award at a future ceremony within the calendar year.
DATE OF ADOPTION: 08/13/84
DATE(S) OF REVISION(S): 04/29/97; 09/15/99; 05/07/15; 4/4/19
DATE OF LAST REVIEW: 12/15/09; 05/07/15; 4/4/19