- Board Policies and Administrative Rules
- 1000 Series - The College
- 2000 Series - The Board of Education
- 3000 Series - Board and President Relationship
- 4000 Series - Academic Affairs
- 5000 Series - Finance and Operations
- 6000 Series - Human Resources
- 7000 Series - Student Services
- 8000 Series - College Advancement
BOARD POLICY SERIES NUMBER: 7020
TITLE: CO-CURRICULAR SPEAKERS & ORGANIZATIONS
It is the intent of the Board that the college actively supports the free and civil expression of all ideas, perspectives, and cultures in creating an environment focused on learning that is aligned with our institutional values.
Outside organizations and speakers serve as an additional resource to the educational process and therefore are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that facilitates the learning process in accordance with the college's mission, values, and core themes. Outside organizations and speakers are welcome and expected to honor the values of the college while understanding that LBCC is an environment dedicated to learning that fosters engagement, excellence, and inclusiveness for the purposes of intellectual curiosity and inquiry. Those visiting the college are advised to be learning focused and open to all individuals with the intent of offering the opportunity of free exchange of ideas.
College departments and recognized student organizations are encouraged to invite speakers and community organizations to LBCC to address their members and interested students, staff and faculty with the provision that:
- The event be open to all faculty, staff, and students;
- Suitable space is available;
- That such appearances do not conflict with the regularly scheduled program of the college, and;
- The audience be given the opportunity to question the speaker or organization.
Though speakers may express opinions with which individuals may disagree, and even consider offensive, LBCC encourages the civil engagement and free exchange of perspectives for the purpose of learning in a manner that is inclusive of all perspectives.
The invitation or presence of outside speakers or organizations does not constitute an endorsement by LBCC of the views and opinions of the speakers or organizations.
DATE OF ADOPTION: 05/12/83
DATE(S) OF REVISION(S): 07/21/93; 04/16/14
DATE OF LAST REVIEW: 04/16/14