- Board Policies and Administrative Rules
- 1000 Series - The College
- 2000 Series - The Board of Education
- 3000 Series - Board and President Relationship
- 4000 Series - Academic Affairs
- 5000 Series - Finance and Operations
- 6000 Series - Human Resources
- 7000 Series - Student Services
- 8000 Series - College Advancement
ADMINISTRATIVE RULE NO: AR 7075-12
RELATED TO POLICY SERIES NO: 7075
TITLE: COURSE REPEAT LIMITATION
Establishes the eligibility for repeating credit courses for meeting certificate or degree requirements.
In general, a class in which a student earned a passing grade may not be repeated to satisfy certificate or degree requirements. Classes that may be repeated to satisfy certificate or degree requirements are noted in course descriptions in the catalog.
Courses not designated as repeatable in the catalog may only be taken twice. To enroll in a course after a second attempt requires approval from the student’s academic advisor or CFAR.
Repeated courses are considered attempted credits and count in a student’s completion rate for calculating Satisfactory Academic Progress for federal and state financial aid eligibility. The use of federal or state financial aid programs to pay for repeated courses is governed by current regulations. Students are advised to consult with the Financial Aid office prior to repeating a course.
DATE OF ADOPTION: 08/13/84
DATE(S) OF REVISION(S): 11/03/92, 12/2/16; 12/6/18
DATE OF LAST REVIEW: 12/2/16; 12/6/18