ADMINISTRATIVE RULE NO: 7040-03
RELATED TO POLICY SERIES NO: 7040
TITLE: COLLECTION AND DISCLOSURE OF SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBERS
In compliance with federal and state laws LBCC collects and maintains student social security numbers in order to report information to federal, state, and contracted service providers in order to provide services to students and for the evaluation of college programs.
OAR 581-41-460 authorizes LBCC to request a social security number (SSN). The SSN is used by the college for record identification, reporting, research, and record keeping. The SSN will be shared by the college with the Higher Education Coordinating Commission (HECC) to meet state and federal reporting requirements and for evaluation of program effectiveness.
The HECC and the college may also match the SSN with records from the following systems:
- The National Student Clearinghouse for the purpose of tracking student enrollment and completion after attending LBCC and for providing services to students at LBCC that are offered by the NSC.
- The Oregon Employment Department, which gathers information, including employment and earnings, to help state and local agencies plan education and training services to help Oregon citizens get the best jobs available;
- The Oregon Department of Education, to provide reports to local, state and federal governments. The information is used to learn about education, training, and job market trends for planning, research, and program improvement.
- The Oregon Department of Revenue and collection agencies only for purposes of processing debts and only if credit is extended to you by the college.
- The Internal Revenue Service for 1098T reporting.
The college maintains data security and disclosure measures to protect this information in accordance with federal and state requirements.
DATE OF ADOPTION:
DATE(S) OF REVISION(S): 5/3/18
DATE OF LAST REVIEW: 03/25/14; 5/3/18