- Board Policies and Administrative Rules
- 1000 Series - The College
- 2000 Series - The Board of Education
- 3000 Series - Board and President Relationship
- 4000 Series - Academic Affairs
- 5000 Series - Finance and Operations
- 6000 Series - Human Resources
- 7000 Series - Student Services
- 8000 Series - College Advancement
BOARD POLICY SERIES NUMBER: 6135
TITLE: DRUG-FREE WORKPLACE
To ensure compliance with the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988 and the Drug Free Schools and Communities Act Amendments of 1989. To intentionally promote the highest quality educational experience for students by utilizing a workforce whose performance is not impeded by the use of drugs or alcohol. To promote the safety, health and well-being of the entire college community.
The Board of Education directs that the president shall establish administrative rules and procedures to ensure compliance with all applicable statutory requirements related to drug and alcohol use both on campus and in the greater “workplace.” This shall be achieved through the provision of resources to assist employees who may have the need for alcohol or drug related treatment, and through the communication of clear expectations relative to alcohol and drug use that may affect work performance.
DATE OF ADOPTION: 05/12/83
DATE(S) OF REVISION(S): 10/19/88; 10/18/89; 09/19/90; 07/21/93; 5/16/12; 01/17/18
DATE OF LAST REVIEW: 05/16/12; 01/17/18