- Board Policies and Administrative Rules
- 1000 Series - The College
- 2000 Series - The Board of Education
- 3000 Series - Board and President Relationship
- 4000 Series - Academic Affairs
- 5000 Series - Finance and Operations
- 6000 Series - Human Resources
- 7000 Series - Student Services
- 8000 Series - College Advancement
BOARD POLICY SERIES NUMBER: 6100
TITLE: HIRING PROCEDURES
To assure that the college’s hiring procedures directly support the college mission and strategic goals, and that those procedures be both sensitive to economic realities and specifically structured to enable the hiring of the highest quality employees possible.
Bargaining Unit Employees
Procedures related to hiring for collectively bargained faculty and classified employees are contained within each group’s collective bargaining agreement. Where bargaining agreements are silent, Board Policies, Administrative Rules, or college procedures shall apply.
The Board directs the president to establish and maintain practices and procedures to ensure that core elements of the hiring processes are standardized, broadly communicated, accessible, and in keeping with applicable statute.
The president shall inform the board about all hiring and termination decisions of college employees and shall establish Administrative Rules, procedures and guidelines for making these decisions.
DATE OF ADOPTION: 05/12/83
DATE(S) OF REVISION(S): 11/08/84; 07/21/93; 02/17/10; 1/18/12; 10/18/17
DATE OF LAST REVIEW: 1/18/12; 10/18/17