- Board Policies and Administrative Rules
- 1000 Series - The College
- 2000 Series - The Board of Education
- 3000 Series - Board and President Relationship
- 4000 Series - Academic Affairs
- 5000 Series - Finance and Operations
- 6000 Series - Human Resources
- 7000 Series - Student Services
- 8000 Series - College Advancement
BOARD POLICY SERIES NUMBER: 6040
TITLE: DISCIPLINE AND DISCHARGE
To retain the highest quality employees through clear and impartial analysis and treatment of concerns related to employee work quality, work quantity and/or conduct.
The Board directs the President to establish and maintain administrative rules and procedures that clearly illustrate and follow impartial processes for handling formal discipline and/or discharge, in the event of alleged performance or conduct concerns. Such processes should provide employees with reasonable opportunities to improve, grow, and correct such concerns, and allow the college to respond quickly and appropriately to more serious performance or conduct issues.
It is the further direction of the board that the President maintains a process for each employee group, wherein they may engage with the college in the event of a discipline or discharge process that they believe may be in violation of Board policy or administrative rule.
DATE OF ADOPTION: 05/12/83
DATE(S) OF REVISION(S): 06/17/87; 03/17/93; 01/21/98; 05/18/05; 06/15/11; 05/17/17
DATE OF LAST REVIEW: 06/15/11; 05/17/17