- Board Policies and Administrative Rules
- 1000 Series - The College
- 2000 Series - The Board of Education
- 3000 Series - Board and President Relationship
- 4000 Series - Academic Affairs
- 5000 Series - Finance and Operations
- 6000 Series - Human Resources
- 7000 Series - Student Services
- 8000 Series - College Advancement
BOARD POLICY SERIES NUMBER: 5095
TITLE: SAFETY AND SECURITY
To minimize the risk of personal injury or property damage through the:
- provision of safe facilities, equipment, and materials; and
- establishment of safe practices which are strictly observed.
A safe, healthy working and learning environment for students, employees, and visitors is of primary importance to the college. Employees and students are actively encouraged to make suggestions and to be aware of potential health/safety concerns. A safety committee has been established to identify and eliminate potential hazards and to monitor ongoing compliance with state and federal occupational safety and health requirements.
The Public Safety Office is responsible for providing first aid care, preventive security, ensuring campus safety program consistency, traffic management, emergency preparedness, hazardous materials handling and disposal, and coordination with law enforcement agencies.
DATE OF ADOPTION: 05/12/83
DATE(S) OF REVISION(S): 01/21/87; 11/16/88; 03/17/93; 2/15/12; 2/8/17
DATE OF LAST REVIEW: 2/8/17