- Board Policies and Administrative Rules
- 1000 Series - The College
- 2000 Series - The Board of Education
- 3000 Series - Board and President Relationship
- 4000 Series - Academic Affairs
- 5000 Series - Finance and Operations
- 6000 Series - Human Resources
- 7000 Series - Student Services
- 8000 Series - College Advancement
BOARD POLICY SERIES NUMBER: 5090
TITLE: IDENTITY THEFT PREVENTION PROGRAM
To establish an identity theft prevention program.
The LBCC identity theft protection program is designed to prevent, detect, and mitigate identity theft. This policy applies to college records or procedures which either:
A. Allow a person to register, receive financial aid, make payments, or be employed by the college; or
B. Present a "reasonable foreseeable risk" of identity theft.
As general guidance, this policy will apply to any college record or procedure, which contains a person's personally identifiable information.
This policy complies with Sections 114 and 315 of the Fair and Accurate Credit Transactions Act (FACT Act) of 2003 and, by law, is deemed in compliance with the Oregon Identity Theft Act as provided by ORS 646A.622(2)(a) and (b).
DATE OF ADOPTION: 04/15/90
DATE(S) OF REVISION(S): 1/18/17
DATE OF LAST REVIEW: 09/14/09; 1/18/17