- Board Policies and Administrative Rules
- 1000 Series - The College
- 2000 Series - The Board of Education
- 3000 Series - Board and President Relationship
- 4000 Series - Academic Affairs
- 5000 Series - Finance and Operations
- 6000 Series - Human Resources
- 7000 Series - Student Services
- 8000 Series - College Advancement
TITLE: INSTRUCTIONAL AND CURRICULUM CHANGE AND FLEXIBILITY
Defines the Board of Education’s intent to ensure that curricular offerings are appropriate and relevant for the service district, as well as documents change and notice of changing curricula to the Board.
In order to ensure that college programs meet the educational needs of the district, the Board encourages community suggestions for new programs and courses. Input will be referred to appropriate administrators and faculty for careful review and consideration. Curricular offerings will be regularly reviewed by faculty, students, community members and administration and modified in ways that are consistent with the mission of the college, responsive to current research in the discipline and pedagogy, and that better meet the needs of district citizens. The college administration shall provide the Board with a review of curricular changes at least once a year.
DATE OF ADOPTION: 04/14/83
DATE(S) OF REVISION(S): 12/16/92; 10/20/10, 5/18/16
DATE OF LAST REVIEW: 10/20/10, 5/18/16; 3/18/2020