- Board Policies and Administrative Rules
- 1000 Series - The College
- 2000 Series - The Board of Education
- 3000 Series - Board and President Relationship
- 4000 Series - Academic Affairs
- 5000 Series - Finance and Operations
- 6000 Series - Human Resources
- 7000 Series - Student Services
- 8000 Series - College Advancement
ADMINISTRATIVE RULE NO: 4030-07
RELATED TO POLICY SERIES NO: 4030
TITLE: ON CAMPUS SALE OF AND PROFITS FROM INSTRUCTIONAL SOFTWARE, MATERIALS, PRODUCTS AND PROCESSES
Provides the process for on campus sale and profits from instructional software, materials, and products.
The ownership and benefits of copyrights and other rights concerning the development of instructional software, materials, products or processes is governed by Board Policy Series No 4030.
The percentage of profits paid to the College employee for College-owned or jointly owned intellectual property will be negotiated between the College and the employee and an agreement (Processes, Invention, Patents, and Copyrights form) will be signed by both parties.
Any percentage markup over production or publication cost of instructional software, materials, products, or processes shall not exceed 20 percent and shall be made prior to the standard retail markup made by the Campus Store.
Materials sold in the Campus Store will include a copyright statement or open license.
DATE OF ADOPTION: 8/13/84
DATE(S) OF REVISION(S): 4/2/2020
DATE OF LAST REVIEW: 6/2/16