ADMINISTRATIVE RULE NO: 4020-16
RELATED TO POLICY SERIES NO: 4020
TITLE: ARTICULATION AGREEMENTS
Recognizes the rules guiding the utilization of articulation agreements in furthering educational provisions.
Linn-Benton Community College will consider invitations to establish articulation agreements with post-secondary institutions when the agreement results in a clear educational pathway for transferring students. These agreements typically expand the articulation of general education classes to include transfer agreements between specific programs of study. The purpose of these agreements is to benefit students by outlining an agreed upon program of study that results in courses completed at LBCC meeting general education and program requirements at the receiving institution.
Before an agreement is made, LBCC and the receiving institution will verify that the receiving institution meets the criteria below or satisfies other reasonable criteria that supports the best interest of LBCC students and preserves academic quality:
- is regionally accredited in good standing and agrees to inform LBCC of any change in accreditation status;
- has a mission that aligns with LBCC’s mission;
- has program guides available for students outlining the specific courses that will be accepted;
- has the ability to share student performance feedback with LBCC;
- authorized by the Office of Degree Authorization to grant degrees and certificates in Oregon.
DATE OF ADOPTION: 2/16/14
DATE(S) OF REVISION(S): 6/2/16
DATE OF LAST REVIEW: 2/16/14, 6/2/16; 4/2/2020