- Board Policies and Administrative Rules
- 1000 Series - The College
- 2000 Series - The Board of Education
- 3000 Series - Board and President Relationship
- 4000 Series - Academic Affairs
- 5000 Series - Finance and Operations
- 6000 Series - Human Resources
- 7000 Series - Student Services
- 8000 Series - College Advancement
BOARD POLICY SERIES NUMBER: 2035
TITLE: BOARD POLICY DEVELOPMENT, REVIEW AND REVISION
To define the expected outcomes of the college’s process for developing, reviewing, and revising Board policy statements.
The Board’s policy development, review and revision process shall:
- Provide the Board with the opportunity to carry out their legal responsibilities to introduce, review and/or revise and approve all Board policy statements;
- Provide the Board with pertinent information, including reason for the proposal, the relevant statute and administrative rule (where requested) and implications relating to a policy proposal or revision;
- Whenever possible and appropriate, assure and afford interested persons, whether internal or external, and/or groups affected by the proposal an opportunity to express their views prior to Board adoption of a policy statement;
- The Board directs the president to implement all approved policies as rapidly as is appropriate.
The procedure for development and revision of Board policy can be found in Board Operational Procedure 2035-A, Board Policy Development and Revision.
The Board reserves the right to deviate from this policy, when in the judgment of the Board, conditions warrant such action.
DATE OF ADOPTION: 03/8/84
DATE(S) OF REVISION(S): 01/21/87; 05/20/92; 09/16/92; 09/19/07; 5/15/13; 10/21/15; 9/18/19
DATE OF LAST REVIEW: 5/15/13; 10/21/15