Tuition and Fees
Tuition costs are based on your residency (in-state, out-of-state, international) and the number of credit hours you are taking. Certain classes may charge a fee in addition to tuition.
Tuition Due Dates: Check the Business Office site for current dates
Note: $5 per credit fee charged for Internet and Hybrid courses
Tuition and fees subject to change.
LBCC Residency Requirements:
Tuition rates and fees are different if you live in Oregon or bordering states, if you live outside of those states, or if you are an international student.
Pay In-state resident tuition if:
- You lived in Oregon for at least 90 continuous days immediately before the term and can demonstrate your intent to become a permanent resident (see complete residency policy at http://po.linnbenton.edu/BPsandARs/AR 7075-05 Classification Of Residency.pdf)
- You are an immigrant, or
- You are a permanent resident of California, Idaho, Washington or Nevada
For more information and a list of accepted proof of residency documents, contact the director of enrollment at 541-917-4811.
Pay Out-of-state Tuition if:
- Your permanent residence is outside of the states of Oregon, California, Idaho, Nevada or Washington
Pay International Tuition if:
- You are a citizen of another country and require an I-20 to attend college or other non-immigrant status.
(International students do not become residents, regardless of the length of their residency within the state.)
Per-student fee for Student Government ASLBCC:
- 1–5 credits: $4.30;
- 6 or more credits: $8.60
Non-credit class cost:
- Cost is listed with each class
- Admission application: $40 (includes placement test) charged during the first term
- Photo ID card: $10
- Placement test (CPT): varies: check the with Student Assessment for current fees)
- Official copy of LBCC transcript: $5/first copy; $1/ additional copies ordered at the same time
- Unofficial copy of LBCC transcript: free; $1/additional copies ordered at the same time, free from WebRunner student account
- Faxed transcripts: additional $1
- Rushed transcript processing: additional $10 (processed in less than five business days)
- Course materials and activity fees: varies
Certain lower-division transfer courses include lab credits which have additional tuition that is applied to the lab. Select Career Technical Education (CTE) program courses have tuition that is 21 percent higher than the standard resident rate, with the additional tuition applied to all credits. For more information, see the bottom of this page.
Other factors that affect tuition:
Some programs are designated as Regional Programs, allowing out-of-state students to pay in-state tuition the their first term. For additional terms, students need to meet LBCC's residency requirements to qualify for in-state tuition.
Tuition refunds are based on the table below. Class length is based on the number of term weeks the class is scheduled to meet (week is 12:01 a.m. Monday to 11:59 p.m. Sunday). Refunds will not be granted after the drop deadlines listed below. Use WebRunner to drop classes on Saturday or Sunday.
For tuition refund:
- Drop the course using WebRunner by deadline below, or
- Submit a Schedule Change form at any LBCC registration counter by deadline below
NOTE: Be sure to hit SUBMIT in WebRunner to save your changes!
Refunds will be mailed to you or credited to your account after the second week of classes. If a class is canceled by the college, you will receive a full refund or, if you prefer, you can enroll in another class through WebRunner, or by submitting a Schedule Change form at any Registration counter.
NOTE: Classes dropped during the refund period will not be included on your academic record.
Refund petition after deadline
You can petition for a refund after the deadline if circumstances beyond your control are significant enough to prevent you from dropping within the refund period or if they occurred after the refund period. Petitions must outline your "serious and compelling" need for a late refund, and include support documentation. Petition forms available at all registration counters.
Tuition Refund Deadlines for short-term classes:
One-day class: Day prior to class
One-week class:* Day prior to second class meeting
Two-week class:** Day prior to the first class of second week
Three weeks or longer: *** Monday of second week of class
*A one-week class meets more than one day the same week (Monday–Sunday).
**A two-week class meets at least once during two different weeks (Monday–Sunday).
*** Classes three weeks or longer meet at least once during each week of the class.
Refund of lab and materials fees
Lab and materials fee refunds vary from course to course; some fees may not be refunded.
For more information, contact Admissions at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Effective Summer Term 2013
A new tuition policy adopted in April creates a new tuition structure that allows cost recovery for classes and programs, which cost the college more to deliver, and in higher-cost programs that provide graduates with immediate opportunity to work.
Lower-division transfer courses that include a laboratory component (see attached) will have 21 percent additional tuition added only to the lab credits for these classes. For the majority of these courses, the lab portion represents one credit, so the additional tuition will be $20.29 per course. This effects lab courses in:
- Animal Science
- General Science
Career and Technical Education programs that are not already using a cost recovery model will have tuition equal to the standard tuition approved by the Board of Education in April plus 21 percent. These programs include:
- Automotive Technology
- Construction and Forestry Equipment Technology
- Dental Assistant
- Heavy Equipment/Diesel Technology
- Machine Tool Technology
- Mechatronics Technician/Industrial Technology
- Nursing Assistant
- Welding and Fabrication Technology
Students in the Culinary Arts Program will pay the tuition from the new model, but will no longer pay the program (F131) fee.
Nursing program students will continue to pay standard tuition, because the existing fees in the program already cover additional costs of the program.
- ANS 121
- ANS 210
- ANS 211
- ANS 215
- ANS 216A
- ANS 216B
- ANS 220
- ANS 221
- ANS 222
- ANS 227
- ANS 231
- ANS 278
- BI 101
- BI 102
- BI 103
- BI 200
- BI 211
- BI 212
- BI 213
- BI 231
- BI 232
- BI 233
- BI 234
- CH 122
- CH 123
- CH 201
- CH 202
- CH 221
- CH 222
- CH 223
- CH 241
- CH 242
- CH 243
- G 101
- G 102
- G 103
- G 201
- G 202
- G 203
- GS 104
- GS 105
- GS 106
- GS 108
- PH 104
- PH 201
- PH 202
- PH 203
- PH 211
- PH 212
- PH 213