- Don't Be A Victim
- Preventing Sexual Assault, Dating Violence, Domestic Violence, & Stalking
- Annual Safety Report
- LBCC CARE (Threat Assessment) Team
- Civility at LBCC
- Emergency Plans, Teams, Services
- Safety Plans
- Safety Training
- Safety Committee
- Parking Regulations
- Hazardous Materials and Waste
- Related College Administrative Rules & Policies
- Links and Resources
- Contact Us
- LBCC Community Emergency Response Team (CERT)
- First aid for basic, minor injuries. For life-threatening emergencies, dial 911 and then notify the Campus Public Safety Office, dial 411
- Lost-and-found service, Monday through Friday.
- Personal Safety Escort—a Public Safety Officer will accompany you to your vehicle.
- Parking management—free parking for students, staff and visitors is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Certain areas are designated for specific uses, such as for motorcycles, bicycles and parking for persons with disabilities.
- Parking Permits available so Campus Public Safety can locate car owners in case of car problems or an emergency. Free permits and a pamphlet outlining parking and traffic rules are available in the Campus Safety Office.
- Cars improperly parked are subject to a fine. Unauthorized overnight parking is prohibited, and vehicles parked for an extended period of time are subject to towing at the owner’s expense. Special permits for disabled persons must be obtained from an Oregon Department of Motor Vehicle Office.
- College-issued keys - Keys issued to staff must have a signed Key Request form, AR5045-06,Key Control Protocol.
- Crime prevention presentations to various groups or organizations.
- Public safety communication systems.
- Electronic alarm systems maintained throughout the facilities to detect fire and break-ins at various locations.
- Video surveillance and recording system (AR 5045-07)to deter crime and assist Public Safety in protecting the campus community and college proerty.
- Security and facilities surveys of exterior lighting, exterior doors and grounds are conducted periodically.
- A Safety Committee that makes frequent routine campus safety inspections and corrective recommendations when necessary.
Our DPSST-certified (OR Department of Public Safety Standards & Training) Officers and office staff receive specialized training each year in First Aid and CPR, emergency evacuation, hazardous materials (HAZMAT) procedures, and alarm response procedures.
LBCC Public Safety officers patrol all areas of the main campus and parking lots 24 hours-a-day. All exterior doors of campus buildings are locked each evening and remain secured until the following day.
Public Safety Officers also enforce parking regulations and related rules, and report criminal activity to the police. They respond to building alarms, injuries or illnesses, traffic and parking accidents, and safety hazards. Campus Safety maintains a close working relationship with all area Law Enforcement.
To request security/safety services, please submit the information via the online form:
Services Request Form