Bomb Response Protocol: (view video presentation)
- Keep the caller on the line as long as possible. At a minimum, try to obtain the following vital information:
- Time the bomb will go off (WHEN)
- Exact location (WHERE)
- What the bomb looks like (WHAT)
- How it will be detonated (HOW)
- Why it was placed (WHY)
- Name of caller
- Exact time of call
- Voice description of the caller
- Background noises
- Exact wording of the message
NOTIFY CAMPUS PUBLIC SAFETY OR AN ADMINISTRATOR ONLY.
IF THE THREAT APPEARS IMMINENT, CALL 911 IMMEDIATELY, THEN CALL CAMPUS PUBLIC SAFETY.
Time call received: AM/PM
Time call terminated: AM/PM
Exact words of caller:
QUESTIONS TO ASK: (Be calm. Delay the caller. Ask to have message repeated.)
Time that bomb is set to explode? _______________AM/PM
Where is it located? Floor?______________ Area?___________________ Room?______________________
In the open?_________ Disguised?_______________ Concealed?__________________
What kind of bomb?___________________________________________________________________________________
Description of bomb?__________________________________________________________________________________
What will cause the bomb to explode? ___________________________________________
Why was it placed?___________________________________________________________________________________
What is your name?__________________________________________________________________________
DESCRIPTION OF CALLERS VOICE:
Male_______ Female_______ Calm_______ Frightened_______ Young_______ Middle-aged_______ Old__________
Accent_______ Slang________ Educated________ Background noise (type of noise):___________________________
Once information/threat notification is received:
- Notify Public Safety immediately so they can notify the President and the Threat Assessment Team, who will decide the safest course of action.
- The Campus Public Safety Office will make contact with the Albany 911 dispatcher for proper response from City Police and Fire Departments.
- The college may decide to evacuate the building. Turn off all cell phones and do not use a radio in or around the building.
- A perimeter of at least 1200 feet will be established from the suspected building or area.