The Lebanon Center was first established in Lebanon Union High School in 1972, then moved into three modular units across the street. The units were moved in 1981 to a 20-acre site at 2600 Stoltz Hill Road that had been acquired the same year through a purchase and donation agreement with Lebanon attorney Warren Gill. In 1986, the Lebanon community, led by the Lebanon Area Chamber of Commerce, asked LBCC to move its Community Education Center to the downtown area. The next year, the LBCC Board agreed to put the Stoltz Hill Road site up for sale and accepted donation of the former J.C. Penney building in downtown Lebanon after the store closed that year. The building at 550 Main Street was three times larger than the Stoltz Hill Road facility. By the end of the year, the college applied for a state economic development grant to remodel the store, and in 1990 the new Downtown Lebanon Center was dedicated.
In a 1994 purchase/donation agreement with James River Corporation, Linn-Benton Community College took ownership of the 6.03 acres surrounding the Elkins Mill. Passage of a $19.1 million bond in 2000 allowed the college to begin construction of the 44,000-square-foot East Linn Workforce Development Center. On May 31, 2001, a groundbreaking ceremony was held on the land, located at 44 Industrial Way, Lebanon. A partnership was formed with local workforce agencies to create the one-stop center, which provides community members access to a variety of public services housed in one location. Exactly one year after the groundbreaking, Jon Carnahan and Workforce partners participated in a dedication and ribbon-cutting ceremony in the center's two-story lobby. More than 200 people were in attendance, many of whom had played a part in the development of the building.
The completed East Linn Workforce Development Center houses the LBCC Lebanon Center and offices for the Oregon Employment Department, DHS Community Human Services and the Community Services Consortium in a 44,000 square foot, $5.8 million building. A 2,500-square-foot annex was constructed on the property, which also is home to the historical Elkins Grist Mill. The annex contains two meeting rooms, a kitchen, bathrooms and small reception area for visitors. The downtown Lebanon location was sold following the opening of the new center.
Restoration of the Elkins Mill was completed in 2003. The Elkins or Lebanon Flour Mill is one of the oldest industrial buildings remaining in the Willamette Valley. Built between 1871 and 1878 by millwright Thomas J. Hannah, the mill was operated by William and Joseph Elkins, who promoted many projects that led to the development of the Lebanon area, including the Willamette Valley and Cascade Mountain Wagon Road, the canal system, and the railroad. The three-story mill building is constructed of heavy timber framing with a steeply pitched gable roof. The building is clad with shiplap siding and corner boards, with vertical siding below the water table. One unique feature is its mortise and tenon construction, in which handhewn timbers were fit together without nails.