Registration for Winter Term starts Friday, December 12, 2014
Linn-Benton Community College uses the updated curriculum from Oregon Department of Transportation-Traffic Safety Division which includes:
- A "Multimodal Interface" for teachers and learners dedicated to exceptional in-car preparation and striving for a lifetime of low-risk driving. Current use in the classrooms show the students love the realistic way the skills and concepts are presented. Updated films, videos, student activities, and even the tests have all been updated and polished!
- Possible waiver of Department of Motor Vehicles Behind-the-Wheel Drive test - specific requirements must be met in order to qualify and will be presented during the parent/student orientation. Note: students 18 or older do not qualify.
This course is approved by the Oregon Department of Transportation (ODOT)
State of Oregon requirements include mandatory:
- 30 hours of classroom instruction.
- 3-hour parent/student orientation at first meeting.
- 12 hours on the road (6 hours behind-the-wheel and 6 hours of active observation) taught concurrently with classroom instruction, with final drive occuring after last classroom session.
- Minimum of five hours of documented supervised driving practice (supervising driving must be
someone who is at least 21 years old and has had a valid driver license for at least three years).
Click here for a complete listing of the Winter Term Schedule of classes that begin in January.
IMPORTANT: Students must register at offering center; online registration is not available.
Registration hours are: Monday-Thursday 8 a.m.-5 p.m. & Fridays 8 a.m.-4:30 pm
6500 SW Pacific Blvd - Takena Hall Room 205; Albany
Registration hours are: Monday-Thursday 8:30 am-7 pm & Fridays 8:30 am-4 pm
757 NW Polk Ave; Corvallis
Registration hours are: Monday-Thursday 8:30 am-6:30 pm
44 Industrial Way; Lebanon
Sweet Home Classes:
Registration hours are: Monday-Thursday 8:30am-6:30pm
1661 Long Street; Sweet Home
Click here for Important Information that students and parents/guardians must read before registering for a Driver Education Course.
Bring the following when you register:
1. Winter Term Registration Forms, completed and signed. Packet includes:
- Registration Form
- Acknowledgment of Risks (Waiver)
- Parent/Student Questionnaire
- Information Disclosure Authorization - this form is voluntary, but if you wish to know how your student is doing in class, attending class, or to talk with the driving instructor it must be completed, by the student, otherwise we cannot even acknowledge a student is in the class.
2. The student's driving permit (both the original and a photocopy)
3. Personal auto insurance carrier card, with policy number and expiration date
4. Registration Fee:
- Age 15-17 with driver permit: $265*
- Age 15-17 with driver license (or will obtain a license prior to completion of the course): $445
- Age 18 or over (or will turn 18 prior to completion of the course): $445
- All course materials are now included in class fees.
*Fee assistance is available to qualifying students.
To qualify for a refund, you must cancel your registration at least 24 hours before the start of the course.
For more information contact Melissa Richey at (541)917-4849 or firstname.lastname@example.org