Registration for Fall Term classes begins Monday, August 28, 2017
Classes start the week of September 18th, please check the Fall 2017 Schedule below for details.
Linn-Benton Community College has over 25 years of experience teaching Driver Education in the Linn and Benton Counties. We can help you become a better driver too!
Our courses are approved by the Oregon Department of Transportation-Traffic Safety Division(ODOT-TSD) and utilize their recently revised curriculum which includes:
- Possible waiver of Department of Motor Vehicles Behind-the-Wheel Drive test - specific requirements must be met in order to qualify and will be presented during the parent/student orientation. Note: students 18 older do not qualify.
- A "Multimodal Interface" for teachers and learners dedicated to exceptional in-car preparation and striving for a lifetime of low-risk driving. Current use in the classrooms show the students love the realistic way the skills and concepts are presented. Updated films, videos, student activities, and even the tests have all been updated and polished!
State of Oregon requirements include mandatory:
- 30 hours of classroom instruction.
- 3-hour required parent/student orientation at first meeting.
- 12 hours on the road (6 hours behind-the-wheel and 6 hours of active observation) taught concurrently with classroom instruction, with final drive occurring after last classroom session.
- Minimum of five hours of documented supervised driving practice (supervising driving must be
someone who is at least 21 years old and has had a valid driver license for at least three years).
Fall 2017 Schedule, classes begin the week of September 18th!
Check here for Fall 2017 Important Information that all students and parents/guardians must read before registering for a Driver Education Course.
Bring the following when you register:
1. Fall 2017 Registration Packet, completed and signed. Packet includes:
- Registration Form
- Acknowledgment of Risks (Waiver)
- Parent/Student Questionnaire
- Information Disclosure Authorization - this form is voluntary, but if you wish to know how your student is doing in class, attending class, or to talk with the driving instructor it must be completed, by the student, otherwise we cannot acknowledge a student is in the class.
2. The student's driving permit (both the original and a photocopy)
3. Personal auto insurance carrier card, with policy number and expiration date
4. Registration Fee:
- Age 15-17 with driver permit: $265*
- Age 15-17 with driver license (or will obtain a license prior to completion of the course): $445
- Age 18 or over (or will turn 18 prior to completion of the course): $445
- All course materials are now included in class fees.
*Fee assistance is available to qualifying students.
IMPORTANT: Students must register at offering center; online and telephone registration is not available.
Registration hours are: Monday-Thursday 8 a.m.-5 p.m., closed on Fridays through September 1st.
6500 SW Pacific Blvd - Willamette Hall Room 120; Albany
Registration hours are: Monday-Thursday 8:30 am-6 pm., closed on Fridays through September 1st.
757 NW Polk Ave; Corvallis
Registration hours are: Monday-Thursday 8:30 am-4 pm., closed on Fridays through September 1st.
44 Industrial Way; Lebanon
Sweet Home Classes:
Registration hours are: Closed through August 30th
1661 Long Street; Sweet Home
To qualify for a refund, you must cancel your registration at least 72 hours before the start of the course.
For more information contact Melissa Richey at (541)917-4849 or email@example.com