Step 1: 3 Ways to Use Your Writing Center
- Drop-in students must fill out a TutorTrac registration form before using our services. The Information Desk will process your form quickly, so there will be no delay in your ability to use drop-in services. You will need to fill out a TutorTrac registration form at the start of every new quarter Registration Form. The Writing Center is closed the first week of every quarter - an excellent time to complete the registration process.
- You will sign in and out on our computer kiosk every time you use the Writing Center.
- After signing in on the computer, write your name on the white board waiting list; this process lets us know which students need a session and ensures we help students in the correct order.
- We do not limit the number of drop-in sessions you can have per day or per week, but if we have helped you several times that day, we will first serve students who have not been helped before helping you again.
- Sometimes students drop-in because they enjoy this comfortable and welcoming space to write in, whether they need help that day or not. We are delighted to be your writing hub!
Scheduling a 30-minute Appointment:
- You must fill out a TutorTrac registration form before you can use our 30-minute appointment system Registration Form. Please take your completed form to the Learning Center Information Counter; they will process it quickly, so you can begin making appointments on days and times that fit your needs.
- You must fill out the TutorTrac registration form every quarter. Please carefully review the rules on the form LBCC Tutoring Program and Writing Center Registration Agreement Guidelines.
- When you turn in the registration form to the Information Counter in the Learning Center, they will give you an instruction sheet explaining how to log-in, sign up for a session and cancel appointments on TutorTrac, as well as how to log-in on our kiosk when you come for your appointment TutorTrac Instruction Sheet.
- You can make only 1 appointment per day; 3 appointments per week. However, if you need more assistance, you can combine appointments with drop-in services and the Online Writing Lab (OWL).
- For every appointment, remember to log in and log out on the Writing Center computer kiosk.
OWL (Online Writing Lab)
- You can submit your writing to us online and receive a written response in 24-48 hours. However, we are not staffed in the evening or weekends; writing submitted on the weekend will not be assigned until Monday morning.
- Go to lbcc.writingcenteronline.net to use the OWL. The first time you use it you must register; the computer will walk you through the steps. Once you are registered, simply sign in using your email and password.
- We do not limit the number of times you submit papers to the OWL.
Whatever system works best for you, we look forward to working with you!