Step 1: 3 Ways to Use Your Writing Center
Good News! -- If you are currently enrolled in a credit class, you are already set-up with an account in Tutortrac. All you need to do is read the program guidelines, review your responsibilities, and make your first appointment!
- Our computer kiosk uses a software system called TutorTrac. All credit-bearing students are automatically enrolled in it. Your user name is your student ID (your X number or if you are dual enrolled with OSU, your ID# starting with a “9”). Your initial password will be your birthday European style: 1952/07/22 (full year, then month, then day)! Once you are “in,” please change your password to a secure one of your choice.
- After signing in on the computer, write your name on the small white board waiting list; this process lets us know which students need a session and ensures we help students in the correct order.
- We do not limit the number of drop-in sessions you can have per day or per week, but if we have helped you several times that day, we will first serve students who have not been helped before helping you again.
- Please remember to sign out on our computer kiosk when you are finished with a session.
- Sometimes students drop-in because they enjoy this comfortable and welcoming space to write in, whether they need help that day or not. We are delighted to be your writing hub!
Scheduling a 30-minute Appointment:
- Students make 30-minute appointments through our TutorTrac software program. If you are a credit-bearing student, you are already enrolled. To make an appointment, your user name is your student ID number (your X number or if you are dual enrolled with OSU, your ID# starting with a “9”). Your password will be your birthday European style: 1952/07/22 (full year, then month, then day)! Once you have signed in the first time, please change your password to a secure one of your choice.
- Instructions for how to make an appointment are at the Writing Center check-in area, and on the Writing Center website. If you have any problems, we would be happy to step you through it.
- You can make only 1 appointment per day; 3 appointments per week. However, if you need more assistance, you can combine appointments with drop-in services and the Online Writing Lab (OWL).
- For every appointment, remember to log in and log out on the Writing Center computer kiosk.
OWL (Online Writing Lab)
- You can submit your writing to us online and receive a written response in 24-48 hours. However, we are not staffed in the evening or weekends; writing submitted on the weekend will not be assigned until Monday morning.
- Go to lbcc.writingcenteronline.net to use the OWL. The first time you use it you must register; the computer will walk you through the steps. Once you are registered, simply sign in using your email and password. If you have any problems registering, we have a handout on the Writing Center website - or come to the Writing Center and we will assist you.
- We do not limit the number of times you submit papers to the OWL.
Whatever system works best for you, we look forward to working with you!