- Step 1: Know the Tutoring Program Guidelines
- Step 2: Know your responsibilities
- Step 3: Make an Appointment!
- FAQs about Learning Center Tutoring
- Tutoring Center Mission
- Tutoring Subject Areas
- TASS (Tutor-Assisted Study Support)
- Math Angle
- Tutor Recommended Resources
- Additional LBCC Campus Resources
- Becoming a Tutor
- Tutor Training
Tutoring Subject Areas
We offer tutoring in a wide variety of courses offered at LBCC.
Subjects can vary from term to term. A comprehensive list of subjects currently offered is here, Spring 2016 Tutor Subject List
If you do not see the subject you are looking for, please submit a request here (Note- LBCC email address required): Subject Tutor Request Form
We cannot guarantee a tutor will be successfully recruited and hired, but we will do our best.
It takes, on average, about two weeks to recruit, hire, and train new tutoring staff. While we are working through this process, you can use the following study strategies for success in your course:
- Working together with another student from your class
- Forming a study group with fellow students from class
- Utilizing your instructor's office hours
- Check out our, Additional Campus Resources Page and our Tutor Recommended Resources
- Ask around! Your classmates and instructor may have found some great online resources you can take advantage of