Retail managers are responsible for the day-to-day operations of a retail store. They work in a very fast-paced and challenging career field that demands a lot of time and creativity. Daily tasks can include:
- Overseeing recruitment and training of staff
- Organizing sales promotions and events
- Responding to customer complaints and feedback
- Analyzing sales figures and maintaining awareness of market trends
- Monitoring stock and controlling the budget and costs.
For more information about this career, as well as the current employment outlook, visit the U.S. Department of Labor and Oregon Employment Department websites.