You may be interested in challenging WR121. We offer three options:
1. WR121/WR122 CLEP Challenge with Writing Sample. This option allows you to earn up to 6 credits of writing based on your score after completing an objective test of reading, writing and grammar. For more information about the WR121/WR122 CLEP Challenge please contact Student Assessment in Takena 227 or telephone 917-4781.
- NOTE: Some four-year schools or universities do not accept CLEP 'grades'. Please contact the school you intend to transfer to for more information or talk with the current English Department chair.
2. WR121 Waiver. You may choose to 'waive' WR121 by taking a timed writing test. If you pass this test, WR121 is waived for LBCC purposes only. For more information about the WR121 Waiver Test, please contact Student Assessment in Takena 227 or telephone 917-4781.
- NOTE: If you are transferring to another community college or four-year school, you may be required to take WR121.
3. WR121 Challenge Test. You may choose to 'challenge' WR121 by taking a timed writing test. There are two parts to this challenge. Part 1 will have you taking the objective portion of the CLEP test described above. If you pass this test, you will then be able to write a timed essay. If you pass the objective test and the timed writing, you will earn a transcripted grade and 3 college transfer credits.
Please contact Karelia Stetz-Waters at 917-4556 or email@example.com for more information.
Interested in alternative options? Learn about the Accelerated Learning Program.