Transcript for this presentation available: Application 101 Transcript
Applying for Admission
Application for LBCC's Veterinary Assistant program opens once per year in early November. In order to apply, applicants must submit all noted documentation in the Program Bulletin. All qualified candidates will be considered on a first-come-first-serve basis, with priority given to residents of LBCC's tax district for the first week that applications are open.
Application to this program is a two-step process: online and in-person. The online process serves to reserve your spot in line for the program, while you turn in a packet of information in-person to complete the requirements.
Visit our Program Bulletin for a complete description of application materials and processes. For a complete walk-through of how to apply for the program and program details, visit our online Information Session. Click the buttons below to find these pages.
Current Dates and Deadlines
|Application opens||Residency Priority ends||Admissions notices sent||Program Orientation||Program start|
|October 30th, 2017, 9:00AM||November 4th, 2016, 5:00PM||November 13th - 17th, 2017||December 15th, 2017||January 8th, 2018|
If you're looking at this program before the application opens up, there is still a lot you can do to get prepared!
- Consider scheduling an appointment with our Academic Advisor, Christina Horst (541-917-4928)
- Plan ahead and sign up for the required prerequisites (WR90).
- If you have taken the prerequisites before, have your official transcripts sent to Linn-Benton Community College's Admissions Office for consideration.
- Complete your Veterinary Observation Form (see Program Bulletin) at a veterinary clinic of your choosing.
- If you think you are eligible for a Financial Aid award, file for FAFSA for the applicable year.
- Just want to ask some questions? Call our Program Assistant at 541-917-4927!
In order to be considered for admission to this program, students must have complete and/or submit all material listed on page 3 of the Program Bulletin.
- Minimum Application Requirements checklist: fill out all information on page 3 and include this sheet in your application.
- Check your status: you MUST be in good academic and financial standing at LBCC in order to be considered for this program.
- Online application: students must file an online application BEFORE they submit supplemental packet. Find information on how to apply on page 4 of the Program Bulletin.
- Information Session: you MUST complete the ONE online OR in-person Information Session in total before applying to this program.
- Veterinarian Clinic Observation Form: you MUST complete an 8-hour observation at a veterinary clinic of your choice and have them fill out the corresponding form located on page 5 of the Program Bulletin.
- Compliancy: read and fill out page 6 of the Program Bulletin.
- Residency: read and fill out page 7 of the Program Bulletin. This information is required from all applicants to determine residency status. List all residences where you have lived in the 90 day period prior to applying to the program.
- Prerequisite: WR 90.
- Send official transcript from outside institution OR CPT test score OR level of writing taken at LBCC.
On the date the application opens, students may begin to apply online for their upcoming program. The online application serves to reserve a student's spot in line for the program. After submitting the online application, students have 2 business days to submit the rest of their required materials listed on page 3 of the Program Bulletin. Students may either turn in this packet OR mail it in (postmarked between 2 business days of online application) to the following address:
LBCC Short Term Training Program Assistant
6500 Pacific Blvd. SW
Willamette Hall 120
Albany, OR 97321
After you have received a letter of admission from the program, you will be required to complete a list of post-admission requirements due by the time of Program Orientation:
- Criminal background check
- Record release form
- Program deposit
Contact our Program Assistant: 541-917-4927