General Commencement Ceremony Information for GED Students
Linn County Fair & Expo, 3700 Knox Butte Rd. NE, Albany
Thursday, June 13, 2013
5:45 p.m. - Check-in, Santiam Building
7:00 p.m. - Commencement ceremony begins
If you plan to attend the 2012 graduation ceremony, please let us know by calling the GED office at (541) 917-4710. You may call the same number if you have any questions regarding graduation.
- The ceremony will take place Thursday, June 14 at the Linn County Fair and Expo Center at 3700 Knox Butte Rd. NE, Albany, Oregon. Note: Graduation is NOT being held on the Linn-Benton Community College campus.
- The ceremony will begin promptly at 7:00 p.m. in the Willamette Center of the Linn County Fair & Expo. However you will need to arrive at the Santiam Building of the Linn County Fair & Expo no later than 5:45 p.m. This extra time is needed so that you can receive instructions and be fitted for a cap and gown (which will be provided to you for the evening at no cost but which must be returned after the ceremony).
- You must return the cap and gown after the ceremony although you may keep the tassel and diploma cover. If you are eligible to wear an honor cord, this must be returned also.
- A reception for graduates and guests will follow the ceremony.
If you asked for confidentiality on your records, your name will not appear in the Commencement program or newspaper. However, the commencement ceremony is broadcast on TV and recorded for DVD archiving and sales. If you participate in the ceremony, you will be filmed just like every other student. To remove the confidentiality flag from your records, contact the Admissions office, (541) 917-4811.
- Do not bring anything that you do not wish to carry throughout the entire ceremony (for example, coats and purses). There is no place to store these items.
- Wear comfortable shoes. You will be standing for a while before the ceremony.
- Bobby pins to help hold the cap in place will be available, but please bring your own if you have them.
- GED students will be seated together, but within that group, you may choose whom to sit with.
- Diploma covers are handed out during the ceremony. Your GED certificate has been or is being mailed to you by the State of Oregon. Remove the card from inside the diploma cover and replace it with your GED certificate at home.
- Graduates needing disability accommodations should notify Linn-Benton Community College Office of Disability Services at (541) 917-4789 or ODS@linnbenton.edu as soon as possible. Parking for those with disabilities will be provided behind Willamette Hall.