General Commencement Ceremony Information for Faculty
Linn County Fair & Expo; Willamette Center, 3700 Knox Butte Rd. NE, Albany
Thursday, June 11, 2015
6:45 p.m. Line up
7:00 p.m. Commencement Ceremony begins
Regalia: If you do not own your regalia, it will be rented for you. Please contact Tammi Drury at 541-917-4818 by April 13, 2015.
Parking: LBCC employees are asked to park behind the buildings to allow more parking for students and their families (see map pdf). Thanks for your thoughtfulness!
Marshals are Dana Emerson and Ann Buchele.
|Marching order and process
• Bagpipers lead into Willamette Hall.
• Platform guests follow.
• Faculty will follow platform guests into Willamette Hall.
• Make sure lines are balanced before entering the hall.
• Walk outside of Faculty chairs. Leave one chair for Marshal at front.
• Step in front of your chair and face student chairs to watch students walk in.
• During Pledge of Allegiance males remove mortar board and hold over heart.
• Stand whenever students are instructed to stand, if able.
• Sit before individual names are called to receive certificates, diplomas and degrees.
• Stand when students are instructed to stand to turn their tassels, if able.
• Bagpipers will enter playing and line up in front.
• Bagpipers lead students out of the gym.
• Faculty immediately follow students.
• Platform guests follow faculty.
• Return your caps and gowns to Willamette Hall Conference Rm. 3.
Faculty participants are invited to the Linn-Benton Community College Pre-Commencement. Thursday, June 11, 2015, 5:30 p.m. at the Linn County Fair and Expo Center Conference Room 2. Hors d'oeuvres and beverages are compliments of the LBCC Foundation.