Are You Ready?
The following information will help you to decide whether taking eLearning courses are for you. To be a successful online student, you should have familiarity with basic online skills. Online courses may require regular participation several times each week. Please examine all course materials carefully and set up a study schedule for yourself.
- Experience navigating the Internet and using an Internet browser.
- Browser Notes:
Be sure to keep Java and your browser(s) updated.
Verify your Java version.
Firefox is the recommended browser
- Ability to send and receive email and file attachments.
- Navigate among multiple open windows.
- Ability to open, close, save, and manage files and attachments.
- Ability to self install, or have access to someone to assist with installing simple programs.
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office, Google Drive, and Acrobat.
- To register for an eLearning credited course you must first be fully admitted to the college.
- To view eLearning courses go to the online schedule of classes. Under "Select Campus" choose "Distance Education". This will display all eLearning courses.
- Registering for an eLearning course is as easy as registering for a regular LBCC course. For additional information view this video How to register at LBCC or go to the LBCC Admissions page.
- Registration for classes at LBCC takes place at scheduled times before the beginning of each semester. Registration dates will be posted on the LBCC academic calendar.
- Be sure to also view the LBCC Moodle Student Orientation Video to learn more about eLearning courses.