- Student Leadership Council
- Student Resources
- Voter Registration Information
- Clubs & Co-Curricular Programs
- Diversity Achievement Center
- Diversity, Inclusion, Discrimination and Harassement
- Diversity, Disability Accommodations, Inclusiveness
- Reading, Resources & Media
- Unity Celebration
- Undocumented and DACA Resources
- Values Inclusion and Cultural Engagement Council
Diversity Achievement Center
The Diversity Achievement Center is a welcoming, safe, inclusive and culturally respectful place for learning, meeting, study and social activity. Located on the second floor of the Forum, room 220, the DAC welcomes all students and members of the campus community to attend events, engage in activities and learn about diversity, inclusion and unity.
Our focus is to enhance the LBCC experience and embrace difference while empowering people to challenge themselves to learn and appreciate uniqueness. In this way we can all contribute to a more diverse, socially just and inclusive world. We recognize that each community member contributes to diversity in the fullest context.
The DAC's services are available to help you enhance your educational and developmental goals by learning about varying perspectives and using critical thought, as well as gaining knowledge of the college’s support services and community resources.
The DAC is a mosaic of cultures, genders, generations, races and life experiences, with varying abilities and identities. We recognize that diversity is fluid and how it is manifested in a rapidly changing world.
Why we're here:
- Provide a safe space and programs where cross-cultural learning occurs around issues of diversity, inclusion, unity and social justice.
- Offer opportunities for skill development, coaching, mentorship and empowerment that enhance capacity for self-advocacy in a diverse world.
- Supply accurate information, support and education regarding academic and career choices.
- Make available professional development opportunities for students and staff through constructive and critical dialogue to enhance cultural fluency and competence.
Services/resources we provide:
- Personalized assistance with the college experience and accessing LBCC and its available resources.
- Professional development for students and staff centered on cultural fluency, cultural competence and development of confident interpersonal communication skills around diversity issues.
- Referrals to community resources and other college departments.
- The DAC Annex: a multi-purpose quiet room in the for use in 30-minute intervals. Room is located in the LBCC Library: a key is required and is available during their open hours--ask at the front desk.
- Three student computer work stations.
- GoPrint pay-to-print station.
- Plug-ins to recharge your portable devices.
- A comfortable lounge area.
- Books and games.
- Thinking about transferring? We have information from four-year universities in Oregon and Idaho available for browsing.
We host and sponsor many activities, programs and workshops for students, staff and community that celebrate LBCC’s rich diversity. The DAC offers student employment through the Federal Work-Study program and in the form of tuition reimbursement. Information and applications are available in the DAC.
Department of Institutional Equity & Student Engagement staff and student leaders invite you to consider the welcoming and comfortable DAC for meeting space. Whether it's a one-time activity or workshop, or your regular club meeting, the DAC is available 9 a.m.-3 p.m. Monday-Friday or by appointment after hours.
Stop by and see us, and ask for a tour of the space. We look forward to hosting your next meeting or event!
LOCATION: Forum-220 (2nd floor) facing the courtyard, directly above the Student Union and next door to The Commuter student newspaper office. Look for the window graphic!
Hours: Monday–Friday, 9 a.m.– 3 p.m. Phone: 541.917.4461
Director of Institutional Equity & Student Engagement: Javier Cervantes, email@example.com
Program Assistant: Heather Morijah, firstname.lastname@example.org
Administrative Staff: Raven Womack, email@example.com
Latino Outreach & Retention Specialist: Maria Solis-Camarena, firstname.lastname@example.org
Student Staff: Jennifer Hernandez Romero, Melisa Lopez, Leena Mohammed, Jessica Sandoval, Zakeiba Ofosu