Want to start a new club at LBCC? You'll need an adviser and a minimum of eight members, who must be currently enrolled LBCC students. Clubs are open to all! After you read through the materials in this online manual, please visit with the clubs & co-curriculars program assistant in Student Life & Leadership (Forum-120) for assistance with starting a new club.
Forms You'll Need
- Club Status Report & Roster: to activate existing clubs in early Fall Term; page 2 is a Current Club Members roster.
- Club Expenditure Requisition & Reimbursement Request: to request payment of or reimbursement for expenses incurred >$25.00. (*If reimbursement is <$25.00, please see SL&L Program Assistant in Forum-120 for Petty Cash Voucher.)
- Gift card authorization and gift card disbursement log: Find these at the bottom of the LBCC Business Office Forms page; fill out both forms prior to purchasing gift cards/gift certificates for club or co-curricular events.
- Website Request: to request your club's own web page, of course!
- Club Event Registration form: Fill out and turn in to the clubs program assistant in F-120 as far in advance as possible.
- Club Event Planning Form: Keep your information and process organized!
- Driver Status Form: Fill out and turn in to Public Safety Office if you'll be travelling off-campus and/or if you want reimbursement for your travel. Must be updated annually.
- Liability Waiver: for more physically active clubs, off-campus travel, etc.
- Nondiscrimination language: Both paragraphs below--exact wording, not abbreviated in any way--must be included on all printed marketing materials (flyers, posters, etc.)--in a sans serif, 12-point or larger font. Slides do not require this language. You can copy and paste right into your document:
Request for Special Needs or Accommodations
Direct questions about or requests for special needs or accommodations to the LBCC Disability Coordinator, RCH-105, 6500 Pacific Blvd. SW, Albany, Oregon 97321, Phone 541-917-4789 or via Oregon Telecommunications Relay TTD at 1-800-735-2900 or 1-800-735-1232. Make sign language interpreting or real-time transcribing requests 2-4 weeks in advance. Make all other requests at least 72 hours prior to the event. LBCC will make every effort to honor requests. LBCC is an equal opportunity educator and employer.
LBCC Comprehensive Statement of Nondiscrimination
LBCC prohibits unlawful discrimination based on race, color, religion, ethnicity, use of native language, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, marital status, disability, veteran status, age, or any other status protected under applicable federal, state, or local laws. For further information see Board Policy P1015 in our Board Policies and Administrative Rules. Title II, IX, & Section 504: Scott Rolen, CC-108, 541-917-4425; Lynne Cox, T-107B, 541-917-4806, LBCC, Albany, Oregon. To report: linnbenton-advocate.symplicity.com/public_report
- Performance Agreement: Talk to your adviser or contact Program Assistant Heather Morijah for help with this.
- PA System Check-out
Marketing and Advertising
There are a wide variety of ways to advertise your club's events and build membership:
- Posters/flyers: Use club funds for posters printed by LBCC's Print Center, or ask Student Life & Leadership staff about making copies in our office. Posters/flyers must include the ADA accommodations statement (above).
- Electronic slides: SL&L staff or the SLC Communications Director can help you create a slide for the monitors around campus. If you want to draft your own, it must be in landscape format with approx. .5" margins. Keep the amount of text minimal and large! **Please ask about the use of graphics.**
- Sandwich boards: Student Life & Leadership (Forum-120) has sandwich boards available for check-out, as well as rolls of color paper and other sign-making materials for your use.
- EMS Master Calendar: Contact SL&L staff about posting your club's meetings and events to the Student Events & Activities calendar, which feeds into LBLive.
- LBLive app: Download, register and post to the Student Feed, or communicate within your own club. Student reps and advisers are invited to become administrators of their own club feed--contact SL&L staff if interested.
- Club web page and/or Facebook page
- Chalking: **NEW POLICY** Marking of sidewalks is only allowed for directional assistance and must be in uncovered areas. Materials used must be water-soluble. Parties marking sidewalks are responsible for working with Facilities for reasonable removal of marking after an event. (AR 1055-01)
Food and Fundraising Information
The best place to learn about fundraising is in LBCC's Foundation office, located in Calapooia Center 105. Foundation staff are happy to visit with you and help brainstorm viable fundraising options for your club.
When soliciting donations from local businesses, it is critical you make contact with the LBCC Foundation ahead of time. Our college has existing relationships with many companies in the area, so it’s very important you check in with them prior to approaching any local business. The Foundation must also be kept informed of all donations of products, money or services, solicited or otherwise.
Please note that although a bake sale may seem like a quick-and-easy fundraiser, you may not sell food prepared at home: it must be prepared in a kitchen certified for commercial food prep by a professional or someone with a Food Handler Card. One option is to sell Krispy Kreme Donuts. Another alternative is to purchase prepackaged baked goods locally, then repackage them (under supervision of someone with a Food Handler Card, of course!) and sell to raise money.