Now Showing in North Santiam Hall Galleries
Annual Student Art Show
April 27 through June 5, 2015
Awards Presentation and Reception: May 6, Noon - 1:30 p.m.
One of the largest student art shows in recent years, including 96 artworks by LBCC art students, will be held on the two floors of North Santiam Hall Galleries. Over $2,000 worth of prices and certificates will be awarded at the reception to be held on Wednesday, May 6th. Shelley Curtis, curator and manager for Art About Agriculture, chose many of the awards, including Best of Show. Other donors and local businesses have donated cash awards and gift certificates, including Carol Schaafsma, Gary Westford, Hester Coucke, Blick Art Materials, Corvallis Fall Festival, Creative Framing, Photo Arts Guild, LBCC Bookstore, Santiam Restaurant, Studio 262, Dan Wise Photography, The Art Department and others. Come by and cast your vote for People’s Choice Award!
The exhibit was open to students who have taken art classes at the college during the past year. The media on exhibit include paintings in oil, watercolor and acrylic; drawings in graphite, colored pencil, and charcoal; photography; ceramic sculptures, digital art, and mixed-media.
1. Best of Show: Sean Carver for "Self"
2. Juror's Choice: Rosalie Lingo for "Self Portrait"
3. President’s Purchase Award: Christopher Trotchie for “Houselessness”
4. Carol Schaafsma Merit Award: Krystal Drexler for "Skin Deep"
5. Carol Schaafsma Merit Award: Shane Kohfield for "Jesus Christ, Man of Judah"
6. Carol Schaafsma Merit Award: Mindy Hinterling for "Mindy's Basket of Apples"
7. Art Department Merit Award: Claire Denning for "My Palm with Silver"
8. AAHD Division Award: David Villatoro for "Fly Away"
9. Westford Award of Merit: Carmen McCormack for "Pelvic Study"
10. Freedom of Expression Award, Julia Pearson for "Untitled" Pottery
11. Freedom of Expression Award, Lorena Navarro for "Antler Shaman"
12. Food for Art Award: Vicki Idema for "Window Pane"
13. Hester Coucke Merit Award: Samantha Jackson for "Bright Idea"
14. Studio 262 Award: Sean Carver, "Self"
15. Studio 262 Award: Kevyn Tibbot, "Stu"
16. Blick Art Award: Natane Blackwolf for "The Duchess of Foxingtonstoneville"
17. Blick Art Award: Kevyn Tibbot for "Zen Rock"
18. Fall Festival Award: Kelle Judah for "Arboretum Artifacts"
19. Photo Arts Guild Award: Natalia Bueno, "The Writing's on the Wall"
20. Dan Wise Printing Award: Diana Ranslam for "Abandoned Diamond"
21. Art Faculty Award of Merit: Heather Hodel for "Dynamics of Music"
22. People's Choice Award: Dani Burgess for "Notorious"
23. The Active Minds Award: Diana Ranslam for "Lotus Pond"
24. Digital Art: Marie Arnold for "Willow Woman"
25. Joy Gibson for "Green Apple"
26. Creative framing Award: Vera Hayes for "Lunch"
27. Art Department Gift Award: Siri Chang for "Cloudy Day"
The North Santiam Hall Gallery is open from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday.
LBCC is an equal opportunity institution. Persons having questions about or requests for special needs and accommodations should contact the Disability Coordinator at LBCC, RCH-105, 6500 Pacific Blvd. SW, Albany, OR 97321, Phone 541-917-4789 or via Oregon Telecommunications Relay TTD at 1-800-735-2900 or 1-800-735-1232. Contact should be made 72 hours or more in advance of the event. To call any LBCC department by TDD, call through Oregon Telecommunications Relay Service 1-800-735-2900 and provide OTRS the number of the department you wish to reach.