Call to Artists
The Call to Artists for the 2016 Art Student Show will be available in January/February 2016. We look forward to next year's great student work. Here is a summary and the results of the 2015 Art Student Show.
The 2015 Juried Art Student Show was held
April 27th - June 5th in NSH Galleries.
Reception and Awards: May 6th, 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.
More than 20 awards and prizes worth over $2,000 were conferred by the Jurors, the LBCC Art Department, local businesses and community organizations. 96 artworks by LBCC students are on view in the two floors of North Santiam Hall Galleries.
The juror was Shelley Curtis, Curator and Manager for Art About Agriculture at Oregon State University.
One of the largest student art shows in recent years, including 96 artworks by LBCC art students, was held on the two floors of North Santiam Hall Galleries. Over $2,000 worth of prices and certificates were awarded at the reception held on Wednesday, May 6th. Shelley Curtis, curator and manager for Art About Agriculture, chose many of the awards, including Best of Show. Other donors and local businesses donated cash awards and gift certificates, including Carol Schaafsma, Gary Westford, Hester Coucke, Blick Art Materials, Corvallis Fall Festival, Creative Framing, Photo Arts Guild, LBCC Bookstore, Santiam Restaurant, Studio 262, Dan Wise Photography, The Art Department and others.
The exhibit was open to students who have taken art classes at the college during the past year. The media on exhibit include paintings in oil, watercolor and acrylic; drawings in graphite, colored pencil, and charcoal; photography; ceramic sculptures, digital art, and mixed-media.
2015 Student Awards:
1. Best of Show: Sean Carver for "Self"
2. Juror's Choice: Rosalie Lingo for "Self Portrait"
3. President’s Purchase Award: Christopher Trotchie for “Houselessness”
4. Carol Schaafsma Merit Award: Krystal Drexler for "Skin Deep"
5. Carol Schaafsma Merit Award: Shane Kohfield for "Jesus Christ, Man of Judah"
6. Carol Schaafsma Merit Award: Mindy Hinterling for "Mindy's Basket of Apples"
7. Art Department Merit Award: Claire Denning for "My Palm with Silver"
8. AAHD Division Award: David Villatoro for "Fly Away"
9. Westford Award of Merit: Carmen McCormack for "Pelvic Study"
10. Freedom of Expression Award, Julia Pearson for "Untitled" Pottery
11. Freedom of Expression Award, Lorena Navarro for "Antler Shaman"
12. Food for Art Award: Vicki Idema for "Window Pane"
13. Hester Coucke Merit Award: Samantha Jackson for "Bright Idea"
14. Studio 262 Award: Sean Carver, "Self"
15. Studio 262 Award: Kevyn Tibbot, "Stu"
16. Blick Art Award: Natane Blackwolf for "The Duchess of Foxingtonstoneville"
17. Blick Art Award: Kevyn Tibbot for "Zen Rock"
18. Fall Festival Award: Kelle Judah for "Arboretum Artifacts"
19. Photo Arts Guild Award: Natalia Bueno, "The Writing's on the Wall"
20. Dan Wise Printing Award: Diana Ranslam for "Abandoned Diamond"
21. Art Faculty Award of Merit: Heather Hodel for "Dynamics of Music"
22. People's Choice Award: Dani Burgess for "Notorious"
23. The Active Minds Award: Diana Ranslam for "Lotus Pond"
24. Digital Art: Marie Arnold for "Willow Woman"
25. Joy Gibson for "Green Apple"
26. Creative framing Award: Vera Hayes for "Lunch"
27. Art Department Gift Award: Siri Chang for "Cloudy Day"
2015 Dates to Remember:
Monday, April 27 Exhibit Opens
April 27 - April 30 Pick-up Refused Artwork
Thursday, May 6, 12-1:30 pm Reception + Awards
Friday, June 5 Exhibit Closes
June 5, 8, 9 Pickup up work: NSH 111
Note: Any artwork not retrieved by June 9 will become the property of LBCC and no return to the artist is guaranteed. Questions? Email Frossene at email@example.com.
Support our sponsors by visiting their websites:
2015 Judy Ness Workshop!
Thank you to Judy Ness for a wonderful Tapestry Workshop for our students! Here are images from the class.
2015 Judy Ness Tapestry Workshop.
Local Businesses have generously supported this workshop and have donated funds to reduce the cost for students to attend this workshop. Thank you to Corvallis Handweavers and Spinners Guild, Kathe Todd-Hooker from Fine Fiber Press, and Linn-Benton Community College Student Life and Leadership!