Call to Artists
Click on the link to the right to download the entry form: 2015 Art Student Show Entry Form
Attention Student Artists!
You’re Invited to submit your best work to the 2015 Annual Juried Art Student Show!
The 2015 Juried Art Student Show will be held
April 27th - June 5th in NSH Galleries.
Reception and Awards: May 6th, 12:00 - 1:30 p.m.
This is your chance to present your creative skills to a wide audience. Entrance into a juried show will help establish an exhibition record for your résumé, and maybe even win one of the many cash and merchandise prizes to be awarded!
More than 20 awards and prizes worth over $2,000 will be conferred by the Jurors, the LBCC Art Department, local businesses and community organizations.
This year’s main juror is Shelley Curtis, Curator and Manager
for Art About Agriculture at Oregon State University.
Dates to Remember:
Final deadline for submissions: Noon on April 23rd
You may drop off work with your art instructor at any time before the deadline, or deliver to the Gallery Office, NSH Rm. 111.
NOTE: The Gallery Office will be open April 20 - 23 to receive submissions in NSH 111. See door schedule for available hours. Tentative: M & W 11-2 pm, Tues 2-5, Thurs. 10-12 or by appointment.
Monday, April 27 Exhibit Opens
April 27 - April 30 Pick-up Refused Artwork
Thursday, May 6, 12-1:30 pm Reception + Awards
Friday, June 5 Exhibit Closes
June 5, 8, 9 Pickup up work: NSH 111
Note: Any artwork not retrieved by June 9 will become the property of LBCC and no return to the artist is guaranteed. Questions? Email Frossene at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Open to students who were enrolled in any LBCC art class from Spring 2014 to the present.
- All media are eligible (except video, film and performance art). Work must be in original media (i.e., digital reproductions of original work will not be accepted). Painting, Drawing, Mixed Media, Photography, Digital Art, and 3-D Art accepted.
- Work previously submitted to past Juried Art Student Exhibits will not be accepted.
- A maximum of 3 pieces per student may be submitted.
- All paper work must be filled out properly and submitted on time to be considered for the show.
This is a Juried Show; not all work will be accepted.
- The jurors will select the artwork to be included in the show.
- All rejected artwork must be picked up between April 27-30 at the gallery office NSH 111.
- A “Salon de Refusé” for rejected artwork may be arranged; more information for location and specific details TBD.
Various Rules and Assorted Details
- All 2-D work on paper, board or other material (with the exception of canvas) must be framed and ready to hang, with picture wire securely fastened to the back.
- *No other hanging devices will be permitted*
- Paintings on canvas may be unframed, but must have edges covered and/or painted, with picture wire securely fastened to the back.
- Wet paintings will not be accepted. Surfaces of any artwork must be completely dry (no wet paint, varnish or fixative).
- Artwork may not exceed 70 lbs. in weight and must be easily carried and transported by staff
- A completed official Entry Form must be attached to the back of 2-D work or the bottom of 3-D work. Use the Entry Forms on the back of this brochure. Print clearly; illegible handwriting may cause your entry to be rejected.
Support our sponsors by visiting their websites: