Math Help Desk
The Math Help Desk is open to all registered LBCC students whether you're taking traditional lecture math courses or internet math courses. An instructional assistant is ready to answer your math questions on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 5:30 - 8:30 p.m. in room SHC-102. Testing is also available during these times. The Math Help Desk is open Fall, Winter and Spring terms only.
Lecture Math Courses:
The Sweet Home Center offers a limited number of math courses in traditional lecture format. These classes meet at regularly scheduled times and have an instructor who teaches the class. See the Schedule of Classes for current offerings.
LBCC offers MTH065, MTH095 and MTH111 as online classes:
- Most online classes have no class meeting times. However, you will be required to take your tests at LBCC in Albany, Corvallis, Lebanon or Sweet Home or at an approved test-proctoring site.
- Instructor contact is through email and Moodle.
- It is strongly recommended that you consider whether you need a structured learning environment before registering for online courses.
- Online classes offer a great deal of flexibility. Be sure to allow plenty of time for reading, doing the exercises and taking the quizzes to learn the subject matter.
- Plan to spend 10 to 15 hours per week to complete this class.
- Math help is available at LBCC Learning Centers in Albany, Corvallis, Lebanon and Sweet Home (Sweet Home not open summer term).
Internet math class enrollment instructions: Email your instructor by Monday of the first week of the term, but no earlier than a week before class starts (email addresses below). Your online orientation must be done by Wednesday of the first week of the term. If you do not meet these deadlines, you may be dropped from class. For more information: Online Math Courses.