Math Help Desk
The Sweet Home Math Help Desk is open to all registered LBCC students whether you're taking traditional lecture math courses or self-directed math courses. There is an instructional assistant ready to answer your math questions at the Sweet Home Center Math Lab on Tuesdays and Thursdays, 5:30 - 8:30pm. Testing is also available during these times.
LBCC offers MTH 20, MTH 60, and MTH 65 classes in a self-directed format.
- These classes are structured with an on-line component and require testing at one of the LBCC campuses.
- There are no class meetings, and students contact their instructor via email and/or phone.
- It is strongly recommended that students consider the extra challenges of a self-directed course before they register for one.
- Classes in the self-directed format offer students a great deal of flexibility, but students should plan on spending more time than if they were in a lecture section.
- Students should have internet access at home or be able to spend at least 10 to 15 hours per week in a computer lab working on this class.
- Students registered in self-directed math courses must e-mail their Instructor by Monday of the first week of the term, but no earlier than a week before classes start (see e-mail addresses below). Students must complete the online orientation by Wednesday of the first week of the term. Students who do not meet these deadlines may be dis-enrolled.
Contact your Instructor:
Basic Math (MTH020): MTH20@LinnBenton.edu
Introduction to Algebra (MTH060): MTH60@LinnBenton.edu
Elementary Algebra (MTH065): MTH65@LinnBenton.edu
For more information, go to the Self-Directed Study Math Program website at:
Lecture Math Courses:
The Sweet Home Center offers a limited number of math courses in traditional lecture format. Courses that are offered in this format meet at regularly scheduled times and have an Instructor who teaches the course. Students who register in a lecture course may also use the Math Lab during open hours to study, get extra help or test. See the schedule of classes for current offerings.