Math Help Desk
The Math Help Desk at the Lebanon Center is located in the Learning Center, LC202. The Help Desk is open to all registered LBCC students whether you're taking traditional lecture math courses or self-directed math courses. Students can study, get extra help, or test in the Lebanon Learning Center.
Note: The Math Help Desk will be open on Thursday, Dec 12, 2013, to allow makeups for the two snow days.
Fall, Winter & Spring terms: Monday - Thursday, 4:30 - 8:30 pm.
Self Directed Courses:
LBCC offers MTH 20, MTH 60, MTH 65, and MTH95 classes in a self-directed format.
- Self-directed classes all have an on-line computer component and require testing at one of the LBCC campuses.
- There are no class meetings, students contact their instructor via email and/or phone.
- It is strongly recommended that students consider the challenges of a self-directed course before they register in one.
- Classes in the self-directed format offer students a great deal of flexibility, but students should plan on spending more time than if they were in a lecture section.
- Students should have internet access at home or be able to spend at least 10 to 15 hours per week in a computer lab working on this class.
- Students registered in Self-Directed Math courses must e-mail their Instructor by Monday of the first week of the term, but no earlier than a week before classes start (See e-mail addresses below.) Students must complete the online Orientation by Wednesday of the first week of the term. Students who do not meet these deadlines may be dis-enrolled.
Contact your Instructor:
Basic Math (MTH020): MTH20@LinnBenton.edu
Introduction to Algebra (MTH060): MTH60@LinnBenton.edu
Elementary Algebra (MTH065): MTH65@LinnBenton.edu
Intermediate Algebra (MTH095): MTH95@LinnBenton.edu
For more information, go to the Self-Directed Study Math Program website at:
Traditional Math Courses:
The Lebanon Center offers a variety of math courses in traditional lecture format. These courses meet at regularly scheduled times and have an instructor who teaches the class. Students who register in a lecture course may also use the Math Help Desk in the Learning Center to study, get extra help, or test. See the schedule of classes for current offerings.