1. All official communication should be channeled through the President (or, in the absence of the President, a Vice-President or designee). This person will likely be the Incident Commander for LBCC. The media (TV, newspapers, etc.) will be directed to the Public Information Officer (PIO) for all external news releases.
We encourage all staff and students to enroll in and use LBCC email for ease of communication and to
also enroll in both ReGroup and the Linn-Benton Alert (the latter managed by Linn and Benton County
Sheriff's departments) systems. The ReGroup and Linn Benton Alert systems will send voice and text messages to
cell phones, land lines, and email addresses. Individuals are responsible to sign up for these "free to you" services.
For staff and students to receive text and/or voicemail alerts, simply provide your cell phone number in your Web Runner account information.* Log into Web Runner from LBCC’s home page
* Select Personal Information
* Select Address, Phone, Text, and Email
* Click on “Update” or “Add” under Texting Number and add your cell phone number.
* Select “Emergency and College Related” if you want to get both emergency messages and important college-related text alerts. Select “Emergency Only” if you only want to receive emergency notifications.
* Click Submit.If friends, parents, family members, or business contacts would like to receive these notifications, sign up at:
By signing up for the Linn-Benton ALERT Emergency Notification System, you will receive time-sensitive emergency and safety alerts from public safety officials in the county where you work or live. You may choose how and where to receive alerts, including your cell, home, and/or work phone; by email, text messages, or TTY (hearing impaired devices) and more.
To subscribe, go to https://ww2.everbridge.net/citizen/EverbridgeGateway.action?body=home&gis_alias_id=240741Stay connected, stay informed, play it safe!