Help guide LBCC's Engineering program in it's growth and assure graduates have current skills to meet the local industries needs.
- Provide and make recommendations to the curriculum to keep it current and in step with industry trends
- Help assure accreditation for the program
- Balance needs of industry & LBCC to integrate to assure a quality program
- Suggest Industry Seminars
- Promote Advocacy
- Provide Accurate classifications for skills needs & job duties
- Make recommendations
- Meet on a regular basis to review program
- Review and approval of accreditation report
- Create opportunities for students to gain work exposure and experience
Enhance the quality of graduates with up to date skills and knowledge, producing quality graduates for the local industries.
- Form a team representing the local industry
- Review accreditation report and examine amendments
- Survey and tabulate results from local industry re: Needs of graduates for local employment
- Review & comment on curriculum
Measures of Success:
- Curriculum influenced by feedback
- Graduate follow up report results
Success Depends On:
- Reasonable attendance
LBCC Engineering Graphics Advisory Board:
The board consists of volunteers from several local companies representing local industry. Many are graduates of the Engineering Graphics program. Meetings are chaired by committee members with the assistance of LBCC Drafting and Engineering Graphics staff Ric Costin, Perry Carmichael and David Kidd.